Behavior Technician-No experience required! Paid trainings!
$21 - $26 an hour
We are looking for passionate and dedicated individuals who are ready to get hands-on experience in the ABA field. Join our team to start your life-changing career!
Receive support, mentorship, and training to advance your career to become a Registered Behavior Technician.
Who we are
BTA was founded in 2017 by a team of professionals who specialized in working with children diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in Northern California, with the goal of providing the most efficient and advanced ABA evaluations and therapies. Our values of love, integrity, solidarity, and respect guide us in helping clients develop their daily living skills and gain independence in their lives. We provide at-home ABA therapy programs that are individualized to best fit every client we serve throughout the East Bay Area. Each of our clients has a voice and we want to help them amplify it!
- Health, dental, and vision benefits, 401k options, paid holidays and PTO for employees who work a minimum of 25 hours per week
- Flexible schedule to best fit your needs
- Paid mileage for driving
- Unlimited employee referral bonuses
- Company issued tablet to access our internal resources, support, and team chats
- Paid training prior to working with clients
- Pay raise with yearly review
- Paid client cancellations
- Access to mentorship with diverse supervisors
- Career development (we will cover the costs of becoming a certified Registered Behavior Technician which include BCBA supervision hours, 40 hours of online training, and the certification test)
- Tuition discount though National University for Masters Degree to become a Program Supervisor and Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Virtual interview and hiring process
- Ability to transfer to any operating service area
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Behavior Technician, you will help develop the daily-living skills of individuals diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other developmental disorders by providing Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy. You will engage and instruct clients through their ABA program, collect data on their progress, and collaborate with supervisors to ensure high quality services. Responsibilities for the job include...
- Delivering ABA treatment programs developed by a BCBA
- Providing direct client care in a 1:1 setting in the client’s home
- Working with clients & families to implement client treatment plan
- Attending staff meetings, training, and other meetings as requested
- Participating in staff training programs
- Completing additional job-duties as assigned by Supervisors
- Completing daily paperwork and data collection in a detailed and timely manner
What you’ll need
- An upbeat and creative attitude to efficiently engage with clients through play-based therapy
- Patience and passion to serve clients of varying ability
- An energetic personality to keep up with our clients of varying ages!
- High school degree or equivalent (Minimum Requirement)
- Ability to work all days Monday through Friday afternoon hours (3pm to 8pm)
- Recent experience working with children (preferred)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Basic technology skills to use a tablet
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Ability to maintain a consistent schedule with clients
- Valid driver's license and your own reliable vehicle
- Ability to complete job’s physical demands such as lifting children up to 30 lbs, frequent sitting and standing, kneeling, and running with children
A high school degree or RBT Certification is required for this position. If you do not have previous ABA experience, that’s okay! We provide extensive paid on the job training to all of our employees.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain and maintain criminal record clearance through the Department of Justice
- Must have a personal vehicle and proof of auto insurance
- Must adhere to all federal, state and local laws/legislation as applicable as well as HIPAA laws and regulatory agencies
- Must pass health screenings, obtain vaccinations and clear TB testing based on company policies
- Ability to obtain and maintain CPR certificate
- Must attend all BTA required training
- Must be vaccinated and boosted (if eligible) against COVID-19 upon being hired. Behavior Treatment & Analysis adheres to all CDC health and safety guidelines
BTA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, disability, age or covered veteran status.